Did you know that there are quick ways to sell your home? Here are five of the best-kept secrets when it comes to selling your home.
- Adjusting the price. Once you determine how much your home is worth, take off about 15-20% off of the price. Buyers will come in with multiple bids and bid up to the price way over what it is worth.
- Empty the closets. Remove half the stuff from your closets then organize what is left. Keep closets and storage spaces neat and tidy, as buyers will more than likely take a peek and see what they have to offer.
- Brighten the environment. Good lighting is crucial in selling your home to a potential buyer. Take down your drapes, clean your windows, switch out lampshades, increase the wattage of light bulbs, and cut the bushes outside to let the sunshine in. Make your house bright and cheery to the buyer’s eyes.
- Hire the right broker for you. Make sure the man or woman hired for the job is fully informed – they must monitor the multiple listing service, know which properties are available on the market, and know about the competition in your neighborhood. It doesn’t hurt to have a broker who is tech savvy and has access to different tools that can help get your home sold.
- Keep your pets away. Not everyone is a fan of dogs and/or cats. Remove pet food and bedding, as well as litter boxes and toys, from your home before showing to a potential buyer. Send pets to a border or friend or family member while the house is being shown.