While every realtor is different, there are ways to spot who is more successful in your area. Below are some tips to help you pick out the best realtor from your list of options.
- They’re quick to respond. Whether it’s a phone call or an email, exceptional realtors don’t hesitate to get back in touch with you. Keep in mind they are busy and have other clients, but they will make time for you as soon as they can, which usually isn’t long at all.
- They keep you informed and help you along the way. Great realtors want clients/customers to know as many details as possible – how the process works, potential issues/scenarios that could arise, etc. Ultimately, realtors want the best for their clients. They are willing to go above and beyond to make sure you get the home you’re looking for or get the most out of the home you’re selling. They’re also willing to work around your schedule so you have time to view different houses, meet with them, etc.
- They stay updated with current trends in technology. If you prefer to communicate through texting, this shouldn’t be an issue for the realtor, as many carry smartphones and/or smart tablets with them.
- They know neighborhoods. If you have one in mind, ask your realtor about the environment – what has sold recently, what the residents are like, what’s in close proximity, what the crime rate is (if any), etc. If you’re looking for a home near a playground or close to downtown, they will be able to point you in the right direction.
- They experiment with leads to get new clients. Leads are how realtors get clients; many try out different forms, such as advertisements (billboards, bench ads, bus ads, radio, newsprint, etc.), social media, flyers, etc.
- They have a great circle around them. What this means is that they network – not only just for new clients, but also for potential business partners. Realtors develop relationships with contractors, appraisers, lenders, insurance providers, etc. Their suggestions often make things easier for clients who need the help/professional advice of such an individual.